
Security forces killed 15 terrorists belonging to the banned TTP during a large-scale clearance operation after a deadly overnight attack on a police checkpost in Balochistan’s Ziarat district left nine police officers martyred, officials said on Tuesday.
According to police, the attack took place late on July 6 in the Kach Mangi Phase-3 area, where heavily armed terrorists launched an assault on a police checkpost. An intense exchange of fire continued for several hours.
The attack claimed the lives of nine police personnel, including SHO Mangi Muhammad Hussain, SHO Kawas Sohbat Khan, and ATF Incharge Head Constable Saifullah, officials confirmed. The bodies of the fallen officers were shifted to the District Headquarters (DHQ) Hospital in Ziarat for legal formalities and postmortem examinations.
Security Forces Launch Joint Clearance Operation
Following the attack, security forces launched a coordinated clearance operation involving the Frontier Corps (FC), Balochistan Police, Counter Terrorism Department (CTD), Special Operations Wing (SOW), and Anti-Terrorism Force (ATF).
Balochistan chief minister’s aide for media and political affairs, Shahid Rind, said the operation was successfully completed after security personnel engaged the attackers in difficult mountainous terrain.
Shahid Rind, said that 15 Fitna al Khawarij terrorists had been killed in a clearance operation initiated following the attack.
Fitna al Khawarij is the term used by the state to designate members of the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan.
Rind also confirmed that DSP Ghulam Sarwar and eight police personnel safely reached Kach Police Station after navigating challenging mountain routes, while Constable Rizwan, who had gone missing during the fighting, was rescued safely.
Government Vows Continued Counterterrorism Operations
The Balochistan government said intelligence-based operations against militant groups would continue across the province.
Shahid Rind stated that there would be no safe haven for terrorists in Balochistan and vowed that every attack on security forces would receive a decisive response. He added that the sacrifices of the martyred police officers would not go in vain and reaffirmed the government’s commitment to maintaining peace and stability in the province.
Chief Minister Praises Security Forces
Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Sarfraz Bugti praised the police and security forces for successfully completing the operation despite suffering heavy casualties.
He said the elimination of the militants reflected the professionalism, courage, and determination of law enforcement agencies. The chief minister also paid tribute to the martyred police officers, describing their sacrifices as a symbol of bravery and commitment to protecting Pakistan.
Bugti reiterated that operations against militant networks and their facilitators would continue until terrorism is eliminated and vowed that those challenging the state’s authority would be brought to justice.













