Security forces killed 32 terrorists during a series of intelligence-based operations across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan over the past 24 hours, the military’s media wing, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), announced on Wednesday.
According to an official ISPR statement, the operations were carried out as part of Pakistan’s ongoing counter-terrorism campaign against what it described as the India-sponsored Fitna-al-Khawarij and Fitna-al-Hindustan terrorist networks. The military said the coordinated operations targeted terrorist hideouts and facilitators in multiple areas of the two provinces.
24 Terrorists Killed in Khyber Operations
ISPR said security forces conducted multiple intelligence-based area sanitisation and targeted operations in Khyber district on July 28 and 29. During the operations, 24 terrorists belonging to Fitna-al-Khawarij were killed.
The military stated that the operations were launched following credible intelligence regarding the presence of terrorists in the area and were aimed at dismantling militant infrastructure and preventing future attacks.
Eight Terrorists Eliminated in Nushki
In a separate series of intelligence-based operations in Nushki district, Balochistan, security forces engaged terrorists in an intense exchange of fire, killing eight terrorists affiliated with Fitna-al-Hindustan, according to ISPR.
The military said weapons, ammunition and improvised explosive devices (IEDs) used by the terrorists were recovered and destroyed during the operations.
Search Operations Continue
ISPR said clearance and sanitisation operations are continuing in the affected areas to ensure that any remaining terrorists are located and eliminated.
“The relentless counter-terrorism campaign under the vision of Azm-i-Istehkam, approved by the Federal Apex Committee on the National Action Plan, will continue at full pace to eliminate the menace of foreign-sponsored terrorism from Pakistan,” the statement said.
The military reiterated its commitment to pursuing terrorists and their facilitators until the country’s security is fully restored.
Security Operations Intensify in Balochistan
The latest operations come amid an intensified counter-terrorism campaign in Balochistan.
Earlier this month, security forces and law enforcement agencies launched Operation Shahban following the deadly terrorist attack on the Mangi Dam pumping station police post in Ziarat on July 6, where 27 police personnel were abducted and killed.
Authorities later initiated Operation Al-Azm after terrorists attacked a passenger coach travelling from Quetta to Karachi, killing three people and injuring five others.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa also continues to face frequent terrorist attacks. On July 24, terrorists attempted to storm a joint police checkpost in Tank district, but security forces successfully repelled the assault, killing 12 terrorists, according to ISPR.
The military has vowed to continue intelligence-based operations across the country to dismantle terrorist networks and prevent future attacks.

